• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Every time I head out to Buck Island its just me. Glad to find other people are riding out there. Why I joined barf.

I would love to go, but not this weekend. Subscribed to this thread and looking forward to the next date.
 
I'm game this weekend. I don't have strong feelings about either days tho. The more the merrier in my book tho.
Aaron, I'm sorry to hear you cant make it.
Ray, I'm in davis too if you want to meet here and head out together.
 
2nd SUNDAY Ride....minus one day

OK everyone.

It's Friday morning and since nobody seems to have an opinion on the day (Saturday May 10 or Sunday May 11)

I'm announcing that I will be at the intersection of Hwy 121 and 128 (commonly known as Poser's Corner) at about 0945 on

SATURDAY May 10.

I'm coming from Davis so it's not really feasible for me to try to organize anything from the Bay Area. That will be up to someone else.

I'll be doing the "normal" ride from Berryessa/Knoxville Rd, through the Knoxville OHV area, then down to Rieff/Rayhouse/RD40 to Hwy 16.

From Hwy 16 the group can decide if we want to (or have to) go to Cache Creek (17 miles) for fuel or if we want to continue to RD 41 and ride Sand Creek Rd to Arbuckle (25 miles) for fuel......or if we just want to turn around and backtrack from Hwy 16 and and Zero Ton bridge.

I don't know all the routes through the area but DO know the standard ride with a few off-shoots.

So.....0945 at Hwy 121 and Hwy 128 SATURDAY May 10.

See you there I'll be riding the Big Blue 750 Suzuki.


Ripter, If you want to ride out from Davis together, shoot me a PM. We can meet at your house or at the Chevron in Winters at about 0900. Leaving Davis at about 0830.
 
Last edited:
OK everyone.

It's Friday morning and since nobody seems to have an opinion on the day (Saturday May 10 or Sunday May 11)

I'm announcing that I will be at the intersection of Hwy 121 and 128 (commonly known as Poser's Corner) at about 0945 on

SATURDAY May 9.

Now you're just making stuff up. Is it Saturday or is it May 9? :laughing
 
Last edited:
Thanks Aaron. I like calculus but don't get on well with arithmetic. Fixed it !

Its SATURDAY

MAY 10th

It's TOMORROW....that will be easier for me to remember....tomorrow....
 
Last edited:
I'm gonna try and make it. Total noob though, I guess I better buy at least some stuff for a flat tire? LOL. Name's Chris, black multistrada, if I'm not at Poser's at 9:45 on Saturday the 10th, I'm not making it. I don't have lots of gear so I'll just do my best and if it gets gnarly, I'll head back to Napa.
 
:laughing Ray
Sorry I won't be joining you kiddies. Have fun and be safe.

CRYA, you'll be fine. If you have a plug kit, it wouldn't hurt to bring it. If not, I wouldn't sweat it too much.
 
:laughing
Enduro mode drops the weight down to 250 pounds, causes the tires to sprout knobbies, and adds 15 mm of suspension travel, right? Very handy mode. :thumbup
 
Can't make it this month either folks, mother's day on Sunday means cleaning the house on Sat :laughing

Crya, you'll have a blast and Ray (ladder106) would be my first choice to lead me through an unknown route. :thumbup

Just bring a plug kit
pump
tire gauge
hydration pack and you're good to go. Hope to join you in June:party
 
I was all set to go when I started checking the little things: 3 busted spokes and a square front wheel...:mad Oh well, this gives me the chance to convert to tubeless on the rear :eboy
 
Looks like I'm missing another one. Have to work Saturday. Its to bad to, my wife thinks I need to go for a real ride. My new commute is making me a little humbug. Have a great day. Will be think about you every time I see a bike to by.
 
Just found broken mounting bolts on the crashbars of the DR750 Suzuki. Since that tank is practically unobtainium...it doesn't get ridden without protection.

I'll be riding the DRZ400 again.

But is nobody is coming, I may just take the ST and make it a street only ride.

Is anyone committed ??
 
GREAT !

I'll see you at 121/128 at 0945 or so. Since it's only the 2 of us, I may take the AfricaTwin so we'll have 2 big trail bikes.

It'll either be a Red, White and Blue Honda or a Yellow and Blue Suzuki (tough life to have to make these kinda choices but the rear tires of both are a bit IFFY)
 
Last edited:
Sounds good. We can make it a shorter ride too since it'll be my first extended dirt ride and I'd like to bring her home in one piece! But I'm up for whatever so long as I'm back to Wife at a reasonable time. :cool
 
CRYA & ladder106, it was great talking to you guys at the corners this morning! Made me wish I was on one of my powered cycles so I could have tagged along! Oh well, now I know about the ride, I'll be there for some future ones. How'd your initiation go CRYA? Well I hope.:Port
 
Hey nice chatting with you too! Thanks Ladder for showing me around up there. I definitely enjoyed the challenge. I did chicken out at the gate but it is open in case you guys didn't know. Maybe I will see you guys in June. My 'Strada seems happy so maybe I need to invest in some crash protection and Barkbusters.

Cheers,
C
 
Nice ride yesterday people.

Still green and wildflowers are out everywhere. The Buckeye trees on the slope on the climb up the the crossroads were already done blossoming (so it's gonna be a dry year....duh).

The gate is open and the road surface is actually pretty nice with most ruts rounded off on the edges due to traffic.

CRYA did great although it is a bit distressing to hear the rocks pinging off 20K worth of carbon fibre and I'm not sure I'd want to handle 120 snarling HP up on these roads controlled with ride-by-wire and efi (gimme cables and carbs any day).

We did the first part of Knoxville, then rode up to the gate. He turned around to get back home and I continued on to Hwy 16, then Sand Creek and then I-5 home. A good day.

Ditch work and go on up there.
 
Last edited:
Back
Top