• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

Yeah it didn't really hurt at first but I've been pretty sore the last couple days. I rode today for the first time since the weekend and put about 170 miles on the fz09. Here's what my elbow looks like today! So much for the shite armor in my firstgear rainer jacket. Glad I was in the dirt and not on pavement!


IMG_0384.jpg


Yes my bathroom is pink and the ceiling is tiled. :laughing

edit: sorry if I should have linked the photo, not really sure how to do that.

Dude that armor was better than not having any, you would have had some bad scrapes without it. Looks like you took the picture doing a hand stand.:laughing
 
Hey Michael,

Most things in life a easy with help! :ride

I look at that bypass every year, I'll let you all know
when I think it's "easy" with a loaded KLR ridden by a solo rider ... :laughing

It's just what I expected, we're talking apples and oranges--solo vs group "easy" ...

see you in the funny papers,
-- John A
Everything is easy...until it suddenly isn't anymore :)
 
Just did this ride Saturday coming from the Berryessa side out to Cache Creek. First time off road, did it on Anakee III tires with my buddy on Metzlers I think, we were both on our Tiger 800 XC's. Helluva way for me to learn how to offroad. That first downhill was SKETCHY (tons of washout and big rocky gravel), after that though, it was just fun. No falls, good weather; all in all a very successful day.
 
Yeah it didn't really hurt at first but I've been pretty sore the last couple days. I rode today for the first time since the weekend and put about 170 miles on the fz09. Here's what my elbow looks like today! So much for the shite armor in my firstgear rainer jacket. Glad I was in the dirt and not on pavement!


IMG_0384.jpg


Yes my bathroom is pink and the ceiling is tiled. :laughing

I have pink tiles in one of my bathrooms too, though not on the ceiling :twofinger

Ouch on the arm, I have skinny arms and have had the armor rotate out of the way on two previous crashes. Now I wear pressure suits mostly and my one jacket is pretty snug with an adjustment strap above and below the elbow. I like the pressure suit cuz in theory it's detached from the outer layer, so it has a chance to stay on better while the outer jacket rotates, vs armor in jacket that will move if the sleeve of the jacket rotates.
 
Elbo is almost 100% again but my ribs are still hurting and keep feeling all snap crackle pop when I'm moving around. :thumbdown I was wearing my street gear minus the air vest on this ride, instead of my usual dirty gear. I think it all stayed in place, I just hit the ground moving fast enough that I got a little banged up. Hoping my ribs feel better by this weekend for the stonyford trip.
 
Rest up, Daniel. If you can't ride, you should come up anyway. I could use a beer sherpa/cook :teeth
 
Well, so there you go ... if I wouldn't do it by myself, it isn't easy ... Meaning I'd have trouble/couldn't get the bike back on the trail myself
if
things
went
wrong ...
:laughing
:party

see you around the campfire,
-- SFMCjohn

The downhill way isn't that hard, just looks kinda scary since a mistake would send you down a steep embankment. I did it easily with street rubber on my NX.
 
The downhill way isn't that hard, just looks kinda scary since a mistake would send you down a steep embankment. I did it easily with street rubber on my NX.

You are a better man than me ... :thumbup

NX 250 or 650? Honda made an NX 650, didn't they? :party

See you in the ditch,
-- SFMCjohn
 
Multiple choice question for you all:

When attempting to ride along a creek bed, one should never...

a) Have bald tires
b) Do it when riding alone
c) Try it with a 500 lb Adventure bike
d) All of the above
e) be a pussy. Just go for it!

Guess which one this idiot picked?



Notice the height of the rear tire relative to the front. Took me and a couple of good 'ole boys (that happened to pass by) about a half an hour to get her back on solid ground. Lesson learned.

Believe it or not, after we got the bike out I had a great day finding some hidden gems up around Middletown. I even dried out (mostly) by the time I got home.
 
If I'll get all the stuff for the bike on time, I'm in for this month ride. :teeth

7effeb7d2558bc5e30b67a235d5eca94.jpg
 
That KLR is ready just the way it is... Of course if you drop it you might scratch it so yes, getting the bark busters, and crash protection are a good thing.. Have you thought about a bash plate? You might end up needing one on Reiff..
 
Back
Top