• There has been a recent cluster of spammers accessing BARFer accounts and posting spam. To safeguard your account, please consider changing your password. It would be even better to take the additional step of enabling 2 Factor Authentication (2FA) on your BARF account. Read more here.

ADV/DS ride Lake Berryessa/Knoxville OHV/Rayhouse Rd.

I don't need a plated dirt bike. I don't need a plated dirt bike. I don't need a plated dirt bike....
 
Something like that. Plus, I am not responsible enough to ride something like that. :laughing

My 690 is bad enough.
 
Something like that. Plus, I am not responsible enough to ride something like that. :laughing

My 690 is bad enough.

It is quite a beast, I haven't even finished the project and I'm already looking for more armor/gear for myself :afm199
 
I rode out Rayhouse and down to Buck Island yesterday. Pretty grim out there.
IMAG0734.jpg


IMAG0731.jpg


IMAG0732.jpg


IMAG0733.jpg
 
Last edited:
Just returned from riding Reiff Rd. Rode west to east and diverted down to Buck Island.

No enough time to do the Knoxvill off-road loop prior to Reiff Rd.

It appears that the Knoxville loop will be almost exclusively through the burned over area.

On Reiff, the gate is open and you ride through burned over areas until you get the the lake. The area east of the lake escaped the burn and is as you normally see it this time of the year (ie, dry)

The road surface is very much improved. Cal Fire obviously ran a big blade over that road once or twice. All the rutted areas are filled in. There are still rough spots and some areas of deep silt in the tighter corners, but on the whole, the road is much faster now. It's pretty much one gear higher throughout most of the ride.

This ride should be much easier on the bigger bikes with more streetish tires now. It's anyone's guess what will happen to the road when erosion sets in this winter. There aren't a lot of plants left on the western half to slow slides and the like so next spring might be "interesting"

The road down to Buck island saw an increase in wheeled traffic but did not get the benefit of a dozer. It's still very much rutted but also looser and siltier than in the past. I'd recommend not going down there with a big bike unless you're a fairly accomplished rider. I was very glad I had knobbies for the climb out.

There are no smokers left and everything has been extinguished. That said, it will still be smart NOT to hang around any of the burned out trees.

0906151250-00_zpsmk7wgget.jpg


0906151326-00_zps6bziss8l.jpg
 
Anyone planning on riding this Sunday?
 
I'll be on a kayak in the cove, watching the Giants game. Sorry, man. :(
 
I'll be on a kayak in the cove, watching the Giants game. Sorry, man. :(

I'll be in the park watching the Giants with my son on his birthday.
 
:thumbup

There are going to be 10-20 BARFers paddling around in the cove. Wave to us :)
 
:thumbup

There are going to be 10-20 BARFers paddling around in the cove. Wave to us :)

Will do. He is turning 5 so I am not sure if he will last 9 innings. We are going to be walking around the park to keep him interested...and pumping him full of sugar.
 
Anyone planning on riding this Sunday?

I can't go as I have a truck load of new appliances to install, but want to make this soon. I keep forgetting as it is a sticky and sits up at the top of the page.
 
Back
Top